Home Cooking Article
Geat Home Cooking Recipesby HealthyLivingTrends.com
Home cooked recipes are one way individuals can enjoy great cooking. There are many different home cooked recipes to choose from. Individuals can choose their favorite home cooked recipes, or try a new home cooked recipe. Listed here are some great home cooked recipes for individuals to try. There are more recipes available than what is listed here.
New England Pot Roast
1 boneless beef chuck arm, shoulder or blade pot roast (4 lb)
1 to 2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 jar (8 oz) prepared horseradish
1 cup water
8 small potatoes, cut in half
8 medium carrots, cut into fourths
8 small onions, skins removed
1/2 cup cold water
1/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1. In 4-quart Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until brown on all sides. Reduce heat to low.
2. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Spread horseradish over all sides of beef. Add 1 cup water to Dutch oven. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 2 hours 30 minutes.
3. Add potatoes, carrots and onions to Dutch oven. Cover and simmer about 1 hour or until beef and vegetables are tender.
4. Remove beef and vegetables to warm platter; keep warm. Skim excess fat from broth in Dutch oven. Add enough water to broth to measure 2 cups. In tightly covered container, shake 1/2 cup cold water and the flour; gradually stir into broth. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Serve gravy with beef and vegetables.
Slow Cooker Directions: In 12-inch skillet, cook beef over medium heat until brown on all sides. In 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, place potatoes, carrots and onions. Place beef on vegetables. In small bowl, mix horseradish, salt and pepper; spread evenly over beef. Pour water into slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
Spicy Orange Pork Chops
2/3 cup orange marmalade
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons dried cranberries
2 medium dark-orange sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch slices
3/4 cup Original Bisquick® mix
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
2 tablespoons soy sauce or water
4 boneless pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick (1 lb)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, mix marmalade, butter, cinnamon and ginger. Stir in cranberries and sweet potatoes; set aside.
2. In shallow dish, mix Bisquick mix and red pepper. In another shallow dish, place soy sauce. Dip pork into soy sauce, then coat with Bisquick mixture. Spray 10-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook pork in skillet 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until coating is brown.
3. Place pork in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Arrange sweet potato mixture around pork. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender and pork is no longer pink in center.